Submission Deadline: June 26th 2016
Ye! Community is proud to announce a Startup Video Competition in collaboration with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)! Through the video competition Ye! will select 3 young (18-30 year old) Kenyan entrepreneurs to pitch at an amazing pitch event during the Youth Forum at the UNCTAD XIV meetings in Nairobi on 18 July 2016.
- Applicants must beunder 30 years old
- The business idea demonstrates elements of innovation (we’re open to entrepreneurs from all sectors!)
- The business is beyond the ideation stage. In other words, it needs to be more than an idea – there already needs to some revenue generated or a working prototype of your product
- The business has a Triple Bottom Line: People, Planet, Profit.
Winners get selected to pitch at the Youth Forum, allowing you to:
- Showcase your startup before an audience of international youth, international investors, and policy makers at one of the most important global events in the world!
- Get feedbackon your startup from business leaders and experienced investors!
- Have a chance to be nominated to attend and win the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award held in a city (to be announced) in Europe in November 2016 (all travel and accommodation costs will be covered)!
Award & Prize
- 3 entrepreneurs are selected to pitch at the Youth Forum in the morning of 18 July in Nairobi
- The winner at the pitch event (you’ll be competing with 5 other young entrepreneurs) wins a ticket to the Youth Entrepreneurship of the Year Award ceremony in Europe (exact city to be announced!) – which will be part of the larger CYFI Award ceremonies
How to Register
- Register/Login to your Ye! Account
- Submit a video to tell us about your startup (2~3 minutes) through your profile or on this page (under “Apply Now”)
* The video can be a product demo, a pitch, a presentation or a promotion video. You can be creative!
- Share your video and invite people to vote for you
- Submission and voting deadline: 26 June, 2016
For More Information: