Application Deadline:10 January 2019
The Youth Ag Summit is a unique opportunity to connect and empower the next generation of agricultural change-makers. Every two years, we bring together 100 global young leaders aged 18 to 25, for networking, debates, skills training, and project development. The end goal? To equip young people to take concrete action on one of humanity’s most pressing problems: how to feed a hungry planet.
The Youth Ag Summit’s efforts are aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which were adopted by the United Nations in 2015 with a view to ending poverty, protecting the planet and ensuring prosperity for all. Amongst other things, the SDGs aim to achieve Zero Hunger and end all forms of malnutrition by 2030.
The first edition of the Youth Ag Summit took place in Calgary, Canada in 2013, followed in 2015 with the second edition in Canberra, Australia. The most recent Summit took place in Brussels, Belgium, in October 2017.
The fourth edition of the Youth Ag Summit will be hosted in Brasilia, Brazil, between November 4 and 6, 2019. Once again, 100 young delegates from across the world will be chosen to attend. However, for the first time, the final selection of delegates will be based on their proposed project ideas.
- To apply, eligible candidates (young people aged 18 to 25 with a passion for agriculture) will need to submit an idea for a ‘Thrive for Change’ project which addresses food security in the context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Applicants are encouraged to think about how they can “plant a path” for youth to be change-makers in implementing the SDGs, and work towards food security in ways both big and small.
- The Summit will function as an idea incubator: helping delegates work together to turn the ideas with the most potential into reality, and equipping them with the skills needed to deliver on their projects once the Summit concludes.
- The delegates will also participate in industry tours, hear from expert speakers, and pledge action on “3 Little Things” to improve food security – one of the most concrete outcomes from previous Summits. You can find out how previous delegates have been progressing with their #3LittleThings below.
- The costs for attending the Summit are covered by the Youth Ag Summit organizers. These include: flights, transportation, accommodation, and catering during the event. Any other travel costs unrelated to Youth Ag Summit activities will not be covered by the organizers
You will need to share the following information as part of the application process, so please keep to hand:
- Your contact details and personal information
- A high-quality portrait picture (this doesn’t need to be formal)
- A 3-minute video explaining why we should choose you! Please upload this as a private video to YouTube and share the private link with us in Part 4 of the application.
As part of the application form, you’ll need to answer the following questions:
- What should we know about you?
- Are you a member of any agricultural or youth-focused organizations?
- Why do you want to take part in the Youth Ag Summit in Brazil?
- Have you participated in a youth conference before?
- How will you support the global #agvocate community?
- What can we learn from you?
- What are you looking to get from our #agvocate community?
For More Information: