Clements Worldwide is pleased to announce the launch of its 4th annual Expat Youth Scholarship (EYS) contest. Designed exclusively for students aged 13 to 18 experiencing life in foreign countries amidst unfamiliar cultures, the EYS contest is a testament to Clements’ ongoing commitment to the international expatriate community. Clements Worldwide will award US$ 10,000.00 in scholarship funds to the winners of this year’s contest.
– Students ages 13-18 of any nationality who have resided in a foreign country for at least two consecutive years are eligible to apply.
– You must have lived outside your home country (country of passport). If you have more than one passport, your home country is the country that issued you your first passport.
– Photo must be an original image taken by the participating contestants, meaning that the picture submitted for the contest cannot be either the work or the property of another person. No exceptions.
– To submit your photo entry, you must convert your picture to a JPG file. Black & white pictures are accepted. They can also be taken on any camera device. However, photos must be unmodified, meaning that photo entries with deleted or altered element will be disqualified.
To participate and have a chance at winning a scholarship, eligible contestants should:
1. Go to www.facebook.com/expatyouth and “Like” the page
2. Write an essay (300-word minimum, 400- maximum) in English that describes a calculated risk you may have taken when living abroad; how you planned for it and took necessary precautions, and how calculated risk paid off for you and perhaps even positively impacted your expatriate experience.
3. Also required for the submission is an accompanying original photograph taken by you that captures and/or encapsulates the essence of that calculated risk: how you prepared yourself for it; the precautions you took to face it, how you protected yourself during that experience, what this experience has enabled you to do, etc.
After careful evaluation of the final entries, our hand-selected guest judges will determine the winner based on the following criteria:
1. Essay: Originality, style and memorable, uniquely personal features. Clarity, structure, and impact of the essay.
2. Photograph: The degree to which your photograph captures the risk describes in the essay. Artistic quality and image composition.
Clements is awarding a total of $10,000 in scholarships to six students in the following categories:
Submitting your Entry
Final submissions (essay and picture file) will only be accepted online at facebook.com/expatyouth for consideration. Limit: one photo with essay entry per entrant, please.
Email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.