Application Deadline: April 9, 2014
- Do you have an idea for a project to help your local community use citizen media to tell their story?
- Do you need funding and support for it to become a reality?
- Do you want to be part of a network that helps bridge the digital participation gap worldwide?
If you answer “yes” to all three questions, then why not apply for the 2014 Rising Voices Microgrant Competition.
Rising Voices supports people in sharing knowledge and skills about citizen media for digital storytelling and citizen participation.
These projects have helped local leaders introduce new and underrepresented voices to the global digital conversation, shining a light on issues that are important to their own communities.
- Rising Voices seeks proposals from projects that are using online citizen media as a tool for self-empowerment, understanding between people, and social change.
Projects that are:
- Actively engage members of a local community that is “underrepresented” online, either demographically, linguistically, or geographically.
- Provide training, mentoring and leadership.
- Tell digital stories about issues important to the community
- Use free and widely available citizen media tools and social media platforms.
- 10 micro-grants of between USD $2,000-2,500 to projects with a strong and clear idea for how to provide training and ongoing support to a local community.
New grantees will join the Rising Voices network and will be featured on Global Voices.
Application deadline: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 23:59 GMT
Winners will be announced: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 (subject to change based on the number of proposals to be reviewed).
For More Information: