Application Deadline: March 31st 2014
World Pulse is inviting grassroot women leaders who are generating change to joint he Digital Action Campaign – Women Weave the Web.
The programme support the empowerment of exceptional women creating positive change
World Pulse’s Digital Action Campaigns bring together powerful grassroots women leaders who are generating vital changes on the ground.
- The Lynn Syms prize will recognize a relatively unknown woman activist with an exceptional track record of early accomplishment in community based work to systemically address a pervasive problem faced by women around the world.
- The prize is targeted for a grassroots woman leader based and working primarily in a developing country and having a demonstrated ability to elevate community concerns and serve as an inspiration to community leaders elsewhere.
- She must have an established organization, program or project, though in the early stage of development. Characteristics this woman leader should embody include: courage, commitment, integrity and the ability to communicate effectively for her cause
How to Apply
In order to be eligible for the prize, you must submit written journal entries to all three phases of World Pulse’s 2014 Women Weave the Web Campaign:
- Phase 1 – Digital Access,
- Phase 2 – Digital Literacy, and
- Phase 3 – Digital Empowerment.
- The prize will include the 2014 Lynn Syms Prize title,
- a $20,000 monetary prize to be paid out over two years to support her community based work,
- a feature profile on WorldPulse.com, and
- an all-expense paid trip to speak her message in New York City.
For More Information: