Application Deadline: April 15th 2015
When: 9-10 June 2015 in Vienna.
The Association of African Students in Austria (#VAS) is pleased to inform you about our event “African Diaspora Youth Forum in Europe” that will take place the 9-10 June 2015 in Vienna.
The aim of the Forum is in function of sharing of experiences and best practices to empower youth by building their capacity, leadership skills, responsibilities and providing access to information in policy making and project initiatives, so they can truly actively participate in our societies.
The Forum is the first of its kind held in Europe and presents a significant opportunity for African leaders and youth to network and work closely together in order to coordinate international dialogue amongst important stakeholders for African development. Specifically, through panel discussions, lectures and training session, conference will tackle topics such as: access to quality jobs, entrepreneurship, economic development etc.
- The participants in this Forum are representatives of African Student Organisations in Europe, Diaspora Organisations, development NGOs, Development Organisations and youth worldwide and are working / interested to work directly with African Diaspora youth.
- The Forum is open for residents of member-states of all continents.
- African Diaspora is a huge focus, but VAS connect all Diaspora youth from all over the world
- Should be from any origin or working/interested to work directly with the African Diaspora youth community, or playing an active role within a youth organization, network or service at local, national or regional level, and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- Should have any other origin working or interested to work directly with the African Diaspora youth community;
- Aged between 18 and 35;
- Have already some qualification or experience in terms of international youth work.
- Be committed to attend the full duration of the Forum.
- Be able to work and communicate in English or French.
- The VAS Austria will do its best to fully cover the international travel costs of some participants from Europe and partially from other countries. Selected participants will receive an invitation to participate in which the conditions for travel reimbursement will be outlined.
- Board and lodging will be assured by the organizers for the entire duration of the Forum (including breakfast and dinner).
- It is expected that participants/organizations support the expenses related with local transports in the home country and transit
- All candidates fulfilling the criteria and interested to participate should send the enclosed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com by the 15th April 2015.
- Only participants from Austria have the possibility to send their enclosed Application Form by 15th May 2015.
- Selected participants will receive an invitation letter as soon as possible after the deadline
How to Apply: