Application Deadline: 25 May, 2015
Through financial assistance from the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida), the AAU has secured some funds to offer small grants of up to US$1,000 per person for graduate internships for its member universities.
Applicants should note that the grants are for training purposes only and not meant for the completion of theses or dissertations.
Conditions for the Award of the Grant
- Grant applicants should be students pursuing post-graduate degree programmes.Applicants should note that the grants are for training purposes only and not meant for the completion of theses or dissertations.
- Applicants shall commit to undertake an internship programme for a period between twelve (12) and twenty-four (24 weeks).
- Applications should be supported with an authorisation note from the Head of Department of the applicant’s university as well as an official acceptance letter from the establishment wishing to host the intern.
- All applicants should submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
- A detailed but confidential supervisory report would be required from the host institution on the progression of the applicant during the period of internship, and from the university of the applicant on academic progress after the period of internship.
- Consideration would be given to applicants who have no practical work experience.
- Selection of successful applications would be based on a quota system revolving around gender (at least 40% of beneficiaries should be females);
- country (not more than 10 applicants per country) and language (at least 30% from Francophone institutions).
- All grantees would be from AAU member institutions in good standing
Deadline for Submission of Applications
- Interested applicants should submit their applications and supported documents in soft copy to the undersigned to reach him not later than Monday 25 May, 2015:
The Directorate of Research and Academic Planning
Association of African Universities
P. O. Box AN 5744
For More Information: