Application: 01 May 2015.
The AstraZeneca Research Grant seeks medical research proposals from researchers affiliated to accredited Nigerian medical schools and research institutions who show promise of delivering medical research of high scientific merit
The Grant seeks to enhance health research capacity in Nigeria by supporting local research that will advance knowledge and improve practice in various specialties
The said researchers will have to meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered
- Applicants should be Nigerian citizens or permanent residents in Nigeria and affiliated to a Nigerian medical school or recognized institution.
- Each proposal must be accompanied with a letter of Institutional support and ethical approval or evidence of submission to an Institutional review board (IRB)
- Research Proposals should focus on non-communicable and infectious diseases with a bias to epidemiology and health outcome studies.
- The research must be carried out in Nigeria
- Researchers must provide required supporting documentation
- The proposal may be submitted in the same format presented to the relevant ethics committee
- The project must be completed within 2 years with 6 monthly progress reports
- Funding will be in tranches and dependent on progress report.
- Each project must have a Gantt chart with milestones.
- The funding will be disbursed to the successful applicant’s institution which will subsequently avail the funding to the researcher
- Joint funding with other funding organizations is acceptable but this would need to be declared in the application
- Current CV and proof of academic qualifications
- Proof of institutional affiliation
- Research proposal document
- Medical and Dental Board Registration (where applicable)
- Evidence of submission to Ethics Committee must be available on application. Final Ethics approval for the proposed research must be made available prior to disbursement of grants
- Successful applicant may forfeit the funding and the funding reallocated if Ethics approval is not received within 3 months of award announcement
How to Submit:
Following the Call for proposals, applicants will be required to submit their research proposals and other relevant documents to: AZ-Research-Grant-Nigeria@astrazeneca.com
For More Information: