Application Deadline: 24th August, 2015
The GEMS4 Enterprise Challenge Fund is a £3.5 Million private sector development matching grant fund. The objective of the Fund is to catalyse private sector investment in innovative, commercially viable, and inclusive business models that result in improved performance of the Wholesale and Retail sector, jobs and improved income opportunities for poor men and women engaged in the sector.
By improving private sector perceptions of the associated costs and benefits of innovating and adopting pro-poor models, it will encourage replication.
It is intended that the impact of funding given to an individual project will be multiplied by the resulting and recurring changes to perceptions and practices in the Wholesale and Retail Sector.
- Between £20,000 and £ 50,000 per project
Who Can Apply:
- Small and Medium Scale Manufacturers of Personal care and Household Consumer Goods;
- Large Corporates producing and /or distributing Personal care and Household Consumer Goods
- Franchising Organisations
- Partnerships or consortia led by a business engaged in the manufacturing or distribution of Personal care and Household Consumer Goods;
- Partnership may include a Financial Institution to support access to finance for the women micro entrepreneurs where relevant.
Type of Funding Available:
- Funding support is provided in the form of Matching Grants.
- Funding decisions are made on a competitive, deadline-driven basis by independent investment consultants. This means that only the best applications will receive funding
Grant funds are awarded to eligible projects through a two- stage competitive application process as follows:
First stage – Concept Note Application
Interested organisations submit a concept note outlining the innovative business idea for which grant funding support is sought in terms of its commercial viability, innovativeness, and potential developmental impact.
Second stage – Full Application
Shortlisted applicants are invited to develop full application proposals setting out a detailed business case for the proposed project. This is similar to a commercial business plan.
Post Grant Award
- Grant awarded organisations undergo a verification and due diligence process. Successful Organisations are invited to execute a grant agreement.
- Project implementation commences
- Grant funds is disbursed in quarterly intervals in arrears against agreed milestones and deliverables.
- GEMS4 conducts monitoring and evaluation of funded project.
- At expiration of funding period, grant funding support ceases. Projects continue to operate sustainably
How to Apply:
For More Information: