Expression of Interest: 30 March 2015, 17:00 00 (GMT +2)
Final Application Process: 31st May 2015, 17:00 (GM
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) are launching the first joint Cross‐Regional Grants Competition.
The competition will help address shared development challenges of Europe and Central Asia (ECA) and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The Competition will bring together non‐profit organizations from ECA and MENA in order to develop and share innovative and scalable development solutions in two areas:
(1) Affordable Energy and Water, and
(2) Economic Governance and Employment.
These will take the form of small‐scale practical projects that can later be scaled up with addition practical projects that can later be scaled up with addition.
- Operate in the countries covered by this grant competition.
- Be a non‐profit making organisation registered under the relevant laws of the country where it is registered-registration certificate duly translated into English needs to be submitted with the proposal as proof of the status of the organization. Various types of legal entities are entitled to participate in the call, including but not limited to civil society organizations, academic institutions, and business associations.
- Be directly responsible for the preparation, management and implementation of the project and need to demonstrate prior experience in implementing activities in the thematic areas of the call.
- Research activities;
- Developing technical solutions and prototypes;
- Organization of events (seminars/ trainings/ workshops/ conferences) with the aim of knowledge sharing and development of technical solutions;
- Documenting solutions/ prototypes or innovative id
- The OFID‐UNDP grant competition will begin with the launch of the call for project proposals on 2 February 2015.
- This grant competition has a two-staged approach:
- 2 February: Launching the grant competition
- 30 March: Deadline for sending the Expressions of interest
- Mid‐April: Notification of selection of Expressions of interest
- 31 May: Deadline for sending the Full application
- Mid‐June: Notification of award
- Annex A – Expression of interest
- Annex B – Full Application
- Annex C – Budget
- Annex D – Commitment Letter
For More Information: