Entry deadline: April 15, 2015 11:59 pm Moscow Time
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest will be held in Moscow at Rossiya Segodnya’s initiative. The contest was named after a Rossiya Segodnya photojournalist, Andrei Stenin, who died in eastern Ukraine in August 2014. Andrei was awarded the Order of Courage (posthumously) for bravery and heroism in the performance of his professional duties.
The contest is a way to remember Andrei Stenin as a wonderful professional and human being. From December 22, 2014, to June 3, 2015, experts of the photography community around the world will have a chance to bring to light new names, support and promote high standards in photojournalism and enhance quality standards in documentary photography.
- The Contest is open to Russian and foreign nationals who are professional photographers.
- The age limit for Contest participants: at least 18 and no more than 33 years old when submitting Photo Images to the Contest.
- A participant may submit only one Photo Image in each category.
- Entry for the competition is free of charge.
1. Top news
2. Current issues
4. Everyday life
- The Grand Prize winner will receive RUB 500,000 (aprox. 6247 Euro)
- The first place winner in each category for an individual photo image or a series of photo images will receive RUB 50,000
- The second place winner in each category for an individual photo image or a series of photo images will receive RUB 35,000
- The third place winner in each category for an individual photo image or a series of photo images will receive RUB 25,000
- A participant may submit only one Photo Image in each category (Top news, Current issues, Sport and Every day life).
- Photographs must have been taken after January 1, 2014. Minor cropping, or balance (white balance) or density (brightness, contrast) correction is acceptable.
- Framed images, collages, photos that have been significantly photoshopped, with parts of the image edited, deleted or replaced with a different image, will not be accepted.
- Photos will be uploaded in the JPG format.
- The acceptable compression will not exceed 10.
- The image is to be no less than 2,200 pixels and no more than 5,700 pixels by its longer side.