Application Deadline: 15 February 2016/31st July 2016
Number of Scholarships: 150 scholarships per year.
The Melbourne International Research Scholarships (MIRS) is awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University of Melbourne.
To be considered for the MIRS, you must:
- be an international applicant (ie. a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand, and not an Australian permanent resident);
- have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class honours;
- have applied for admission to undertake a master or doctorate by research degree or be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne
- have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought.
The duration of the MIRS is up to two years for student undertaking a master by research degree and up to three years, with a possible six month extension, for students undertaking a doctorate by research degree.
The following benefits apply:
- in line with Australia Postgraduate Award:
- fortnightly living allowance;
- relocation grant for students moving to Melbourne from interstate or from outside Australia;
- thesis Allowance; and
- limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) (single membership)
The University assesses applications for scholarships on an ongoing basis. As a general rule:
- applications submitted before 31 October (Round 1) will be finalised by 15 February of the following year, and
- applications submitted before 31 May (Round 2) will be finalised by 31 July.
Current University of Melbourne students who are enrolled in a research degree for which they wish to receive an Australia Postgraduate Award must apply through the Student Portal.
All other students must complete an Application for Admission to Graduate Research Degree Candidature and Scholarship
For More Information: