Application Deadline: February 10th 2016
An Initiative of German Industry for Future Leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa
Applicants are invited for the 2015/2017 German Industry Initiative AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Program. The program is supported by the Federal President of Germany Joachim Gauck. Nineteen of Germany’s leading businesses have committed themselves to a common cause. In 2008 they launched AFRIKA KOMMT! and in so doing, laid the foundation stone for sustainable economic cooperation with Africa.
The programme not only trains young, future managers from Sub-Saharan Africa on-site with German companies, but is also directed at forming stable cooperative partnerships for the future. In the framework of the fifth year, 2015-17, some of the participating companies have decided to host more than one AFRIKA KOMMT! participant.
The Ebelin and Gerd Bucerius ZEIT Foundation and the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship support the international programme as cooperation partners. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ, has been commissioned by the companies to organise and implement the programme.
Candidates need to fulfil the following formal eligibleity requirements:
- University degree in a relevant subject
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
- The Afrika kommt! fellowship program aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan
- Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication benefits for both sides
- At the heart of the Afrika kommt! fellowship program is a nine-month practical training in a leading German enterprise benefiting both, fellows and partner companies-a classic win-win situation:
The program fellows benefit through
- gaining first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- being exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice
- becoming acquainted with working processesand business culture in German enterprises
- extending their international management competencies
- initiating networks of cooperation partners between Sub -Saharan Africa and German companies
The Afrika kommt! fellowship program includes:
- Language course
- An intensive, home-based German language course of one month
- An intensive German language course in Germany of three months including fees, accommodation and living allowance Traveling expenses -Flights, Visa etc.
- Visa for Germany for one- year as well as for preparatory session and refresher course in Africa
- Round trip airfare from your home town to Germany and back
- Travel to preparatory session
- Travel to refresher course and back
- Program-related travelling expenses in Germany
- Monthly living allowance of € 750,(August, September and October 2016; July 2017)
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000, for settling back into the home countries
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.250,gross.
For More Information: