Submission Deadline: 9 September 2016
CoreNet Global, a professional association for almost 10,000 corporate real estate professionals in more than 50 countries, is pleased to announce its 2nd annual Academic Challenge, sponsored by Cushman & Wakefield.
The goal of this global competition is to raise awareness of corporate real estate as a viable career opportunity amongst college students of all academic disciplines, to connect local chapters and members of the association with future talent and encourage more universities to include corporate real estate in their curricula.
- The competition is open to students of all disciplines pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree at a recognized degree-awarding institution, such as a University, Grande Ecole, College or Fachhochschule, hereafter referred to as “University,” on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Each student must be currently enrolled in classes at their host university throughout the competition, and not have more than 5 years prior professional experience.
- The competition is open to teams of three (3) to five (5) students from the same institution.
- Team members may be from different academic programs within the institution, but all team members must matriculate (be registered) at the same institution.
The CoreNet Global Hackathon: A Student Competition
- Student teams from universities and academic institutions around the world are invited to compete in a hackathon-style academic challenge whereby students will be asked to apply their student experiences to a real-world issue facing companies around the globe: how to attract, retain and motivate the next generation of knowledge workers.
- Four teams will be selected to compete onsite at the CoreNet Global Summit, a professional conference for 3,000+ corporate real estate professionals from around the world, to be held in Philadelphia, PA, October 16 -19, 2016.
- Interested students will be required to submit an application form and provide written responses to a variety of challenge-related questions for consideration during the team selection process in advance of the competition.
- The winning team will be awarded $5,000 USD and an additional $5,000 USD for the team’s university to support corporate real estate education.
North American Global Summit, Philadelphia, PA, 16-19 October 2016
- Application deadline – 9 September 2016
- Challenge competitors announced – 16 September 2016
- Challenge presented to team – 16 October 2016
Interested students should review the rules in their entirety before completing an application. Completed applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
For More Information: