Application Deadline: May 11th 2016
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria hereby announces the commencement of the 2016/2017 Post-Graduate Research Internship and Sabbatical Attachment Programmes.
Internship/Research Attachment for Postgraduate University Students
The Postgraduate Research Internship Programme (which is different from the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) is aimed at providing opportunities for talented Nigerians to gain work experience and carry out topical research within Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN).
- Open primarily to talented Nigerian Postgraduate students currently enrolled in Nigerian universities, but in exceptional cases, Nigerians studying abroad could be considered.
- Master’s degree students must be under 30 years by January 2nd, 2017 while PhD students should be under 35 years by January 2nd, 2017 to qualify.
Environment (Environmental Monitoring, Remediation, and Impact Assessment, Carbon/ GHG Management)
Methods of Application
Applications from candidate should consist of:
- An Application Letter
- A Curriculum Vitae including applicant’s contact phone number, email address, as well as contact information of three refrees and
- A titled, 3-page summary of candidate’s postgraduate research programme including: Study background, technical objectives, methodology/data required, and expected outcome.
Selection will be based in postgraduate programmes/proposals that are relevant to SEPCiN business objectives and only students with the highest potential will be considered for further screening.
- Sabbatical Attachment for University Lecturers
The Sabbatical programme offers University lecturers an opportunity to undertake research that would contribute to Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN), while offering them avenues to acquire industry-related experience.
The programme also offers opportunities for lectureship at the Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering at the University of Benin in the following disciplines; Petroleum Geology, Geophysics and Petroleum Engineering.
- Senior lecturers and above (Candidates who will be over 60 years by January 2, 2017 need not apply).
Duration: 12 Months (Non-Renewable)
- Environment ( Environmental Monitoring, Restoration, Biodiversity and Impact Management);
- Social Performance (Social Impact Assessment and Management)
- Obsterics and Gynecology, Pediatrics and Public Health
- Exploration (Regional Geology)
Method of Application
Applications from candidate should consist of :
- An application letter
- A curriculum vitae including applicant’s contact phone number, email address, as well as contact information of three refrees, and
- A titled, page summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SEPCiN business during the one-year programme
Selection will be based on proposals that are pertinent to SEPCiN business objectives
For More Information: