Application Deadline: 25th March 2018 (KST 23:59).
Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of global citizenship at the local and national levels. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Between 18 and 24 years of age
2. Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries
3. Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
4. Knowledgeable in GCED related issues and priorities
5. Proficiency in spoken and written English
※ Applicants only from Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries will be eligible for the open application. Please refer to the Annex for the list of ODA recipient countries.
2. Up to 10 self-sponsored participants (funded by affiliated organizations or by themselves)
APCEIU will provide accommodations, meals and local transportation for all participants during the workshop. APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea, for those selected as fully-funded participants.
※ Participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from the international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees.
※ Only travel insurance during the workshop will be covered by APCEIU. If participants require or wish to have health insurance during that period, all expenses should be borne individually.
1. Narrative Building: This session will highlight GCED in the context of Education 2030 and SDG 4.7. Also, the role of youth as both learners and agents of change will be discussed by inspirational speakers. While deepening their understanding of GCED, participants will have opportunities to discuss the priority issues and challenges as well as identify the relevant entry
points in their local contexts.
2. Developing Youth Advocacy: This session will introduce the Youth Advocacy Toolkit by GCED Youth Network with interactive exercises. Critically reflecting upon GCED and the tools previously discussed, participants will link the tools and challenges they have identified during these sessions. Participants will gather in groups based on the areas of interest and later by regions to develop advocacy plans for GCED that are relevant in their local contexts. Action plans developed by sub-groups will be shared during final presentation.3. Study Visits: Participants will make study visits to several selected places in Seoul and its vicinity to enhance their understanding of GCED-related themes as well as to have an opportunity to network with local youth groups.
4. Reflection and Synthesis: This session is designed to recap learning points of the past sessions, allowing participants to share reflections with fellow participants and facilitators, and to link across different sessions/segments. It is recommended that participants keep reflective journals during the workshop.
5. Cultural Exchanges: The cultural night is an opportunity to build a sense of community among participants while sharing cultural elements and insights with each other. During the workshop, participants will also explore Seoul, visiting some of its cultural heritage sites to examine the cultural aspects of the city and to enhance the mutual understanding through culture.
- Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).
Office of Education and Training, APCEIU
E-mail: [email protected]
Online Application: https://goo.gl/forms/Qm8PZ4sS9hsM8qwY2
For More Information: