Application Deadline: April 30 2015
Join the world’s biggest climate change writing movement for a chance to join the Adopt a Negotiator COP21 team in Paris this year.
Sign-up now for your chance to see your name in the biggest newspapers in the country (France); a chance to shape your future; and a chance to join our team in Paris in December!
The United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP21 or CMP11 will be held in Paris, France in 2015. The international climate conference will be held at the Le Bourget site from 30 November to 11 December 2015.
This will be the 21st yearly session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 21) to the 1992 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the 11th session of the Meeting of the Parties (CMP 11) to the 1997 Kyoto Protocol.
COP21 want to support you to put pressure on your country to improve its action to combat climate change.
This year’s plans include:
Global and regionally focused trainings and briefings on key moments and opportunities – in English, Spanish, French, Mandarin and Arabic.
3 Global #Call4Climate Action opportunities: We helped create a massive buzz around the People’s Climate Mobilization last year. This year, we’ll do it again, and again, flooding the media with calls for climate action that leaders can’t ignore.
We’re also rolling out a number of small and strategic Climate Tracker opportunities to help you dig into the issues closest to your hearts. With more stories shared across the media landscape, we’ll work together to push these issues to the top of the political agenda.
The Climate Tracker program aims to support young and passionate people eager to write about the most important climate issues affecting their country. This includes a series of trainings with leading climate change communicators, journalists, strategists and practitioners working on the front lines.
- The Climate Tracker program is geared toward young people, but open to any age.
- Adopt a Negotiator COP21 Fellowships are open to applicants between the ages of 18-30, who are able to attend the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris (30 November – 11 December).
- The first global training begins on April 30th.
- The first Global #Call4Climate Action in May.
- This will be the first of a number global calls for climate action aimed at making your voice heard on these crucial issues throughout the year.
- Apply before April 30th for your chance to join the first global training and join us on the path to Paris!
- Based largely on your participation throughout the coming months, we’ll award funded Adopt a Negotiator COP21 Fellowships In September.
For More Information: