Application Deadline: April 15th 2016
Al Alfi Foundation Sustainable Development Fellowship is jointly offered by the Al Alfi Foundation and American University in Cairo (AUC), represented by the Center for Sustainable Development. The program is designed to identify and prepare future leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science, engineering, business, policy and social sciences. Fellowship applicants must possess professional experience and exceptional skills, as well as an outstanding passion for sustainable development.
The program enables qualified Egyptian applicants to the Master in Science in sustainable development to receive a waiver of tuition fees. Five candidates will be accepted into the program.
The long-term objective of the program is to develop a new cadre of entrepreneurial leaders who are capable of filling critical positions in industry, public sector and civil-society organizations in Egypt, and who can successfully integrate technical, business and social skills to contribute to comprehensive sustainable development in Egypt and beyond.
- Be Egyptian citizens
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Candidates must also have a background in science, engineering, policy, business or social sciences.
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivelant of gayed gidan (very good)
- Be admitted into the master’s program in sustainable development
- Provide a written statement that outlines their research and/or professional experience, as well as their future career goals. Financial difficulties should also be indicated in the statement.
Fellowships are awarded to the most outstanding candidates who are able to complete the program in the shortest amount of time.
The fellowship covers:
- A full or partial waiver of tuition fees
- Student services and activities
- Cost of books
Responsibilities of Fellows
Fellowship holders should:
- Complete the program in the shortest amount of time, based on an agreement with the program’s director
- Participate in a number of relevant extra-curricular activities (events, seminars, workshops, training sessions, volunteering and community service) in order to enrich their experience and become leaders in sustainable development
- Be engaged in relevant academic or administrative activities for 12 hours a week
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application form
For More Informaiton: