Application Deadline: 1s February 2018.
The International AIDS Conference is the largest conference on any global health issue in the world. First convened during the peak of the AIDS epidemic in 1985, it continues to provide a unique forum for the intersection of science, advocacy, and human rights. Each conference is an opportunity to strengthen policies and programmes that ensure an evidence-based response to the epidemic. The 22nd International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2018) will be hosted in Amsterdam, Netherlands 23-27 July 2018.
The theme of AIDS 2018 is “Breaking Barriers Building Bridges”, drawing attention to the need of rights-based approaches to more effectively reach key populations, including in Eastern Europe and Central Asia and the North-African/Middle Eastern regions where epidemics are growing.
Through the Scholarship Programme, the conference organizers commit to make the AIDS 2018 conference accessible to people from resource-limited settings, researchers, young people, key and vulnerable populations and community representatives.
International Scholarship Programme
The Scholarship Programme is open to everyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of HIV and AIDS who is at least 16 years of age at the time of the conference. This programme provides financial assistance to help people who would otherwise be unable to benefit from the conference
Priority is given to:
- Those whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities
- Those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference
- Those whose abstract, workshop or Global Village and Youth activity has been selected.
The conference secretariat offers a free Abstract Mentor Programme for young or less experienced researchers to benefit from expert mentoring. Learn more and submit your draft abstract today.
Scholarship selection is based on a non-biased scoring system. A Scholarship Review Committee (SRC) contributes to the reviewing and scoring of the applications.
Only a limited number of scholarships is available, and applicants are strongly encouraged to seek other/additional funding sources.
Media Scholarship Programme
A limited number of scholarships is also be available for media representatives. Media scholarship applicants are asked to provide media accreditation and supporting documents such as samples of their work and a letter from their editor.
Type of support
Scholarship applicants are able to request a full or partial scholarship.
- A full scholarship includes:
- Registration fee for the conference (includes access to all sessions and exhibitions)
- Travel (pre-paid airfare at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport);
- Accommodation (shared room in a budget hotel for the days of the conference only)
- Modest daily living allowance for the duration of the conference (23-27 July 2017).
- A partial scholarship may include any combination of the above.
Applications are open online through the conference profile until 1 February 2018.
For More Information: