Application Deadline: September 15 2014
The Rave Scholarships contribute to further practical training in realising art exhibitions. These scholarships are being awarded to young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from countries in transition and developing countries.
The Rave Foundation would like to contribute to practical further education in realizing and arranging fine art exhibitions. It therefore awards scholarships to young curators, restorers, museum technicians, cultural managers from transformation and developing countries who have arranged a guest period, a practical training or non- paid work at a museum, at a non- commercial gallery or at a non – commercial cultural institution in Germany .
The Rave Scholarship is a working scholarship and requires the holder’s presence. It includes the following payments:
- a monthly lump sum of 1,300€ for a scholarship period of three to six months
- travelling expenses ( to and from Germany)
- monthly supplement of 250 € for attendance of the spouse
- monthly children’s supplement of 50 € per child
- health insurance (also for spouse and children)
- German course up to 500 €
- Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who come from a transformation or developing country and are still living there.
- who did not have the opportunity yet to come for a longer stay or did not have further training or working stay in Germany.
- who finished their professional training not longer than five years ago and are not yet over 40.
- Those still studying or training at the time of application will not be considered for selection.
- who have found a non-commercial partner institution in Germany that has agreed to joint project, and developed together(German institution and applicant) a project sketch.
- who can provide a positive statement from their own country (reference)
The application should be accompanied by
- a fully completed application form
- a CV (3 pages max.), including educational qualifications
- a project sketch (1 or 2pages) developed together with the non-commercial German institution-informing about tasks and responsibilities of the planned scholarship to Germany
- invitation letter from the non-commercial German institution for the planned scholarship
The Rave Foundation committee will assess all applications. There is no legal claim to the award of a scholarship. The decision will be conveyed to the applicant in writing without stating reasons.
Applications are submitted to the Rave Foundation
c/o Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen
Charlottenplatz 17D-70173 Stuttgart
For More Information: