Application Deadline: ongoing
The IYF Representative role is pivotal to the success of the International Youth Federation in reaching the goals in each of the countries it serves. The Representative builds, leads and strategically positions the IYF Country Team in support of national youth priorities, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Representative develops strategic initiatives to translate the IYF strategic vision in the country context, focusing on the key areas of the IYF: capacity building, innovation, and civic engagement.
A prerequisite for determining the suitability of candidates for the Representative positions is to undergo assessment through the IYF Leadership Assessment Center (LAC). In addition to the qualifications outlined in the Representative job description, applicants for the Leaders Assessment Center (LAC) must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have demonstrated experience in youth sector, community service, voluntary-based organizations or other related fields.
- Only candidates of 18-38 years of age will be considered for this position.
- Be a citizen of the assigned country.
- Be available for at least one term of service (3-Years), after the assessment has been undertaken.
- Candidates who shall leave their home territory for a period of more than 3 months cannot be considered for the position.
- Have good command of English.
- The candidates that progress to the final stage of the LAC Assessment (competency-based interview) will be asked to present an endorsement letter from the country’s entity or individual in support of their application.
Before applying, check if you are from an eligible country to apply. The application is open to nationals of the following countries only:
Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, The Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Somalia, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Middle East & North Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Tunisia.