The Bioprocess Skills Accelerator Programme takes place over 4-months and is designed to equip you with the necessary Biotechnology skills to be able to seamlessly enter the industrial biotechnology job market. This sector includes, vaccine development and production, biological agents and metabolites, pharmaceutical active ingredients as well as other sectors generating value from biological sources.
The skills developed in this course will include an introduction to bioprocess engineering and development, general laboratory techniques in process biotechnology, tissue culture, fermentation operation, downstream process unit operations as well as data analysis and reporting.
Successful completion of the programme will provide you with essential knowledge, skills and hands-on experience in the operations of high-tech laboratory equipment that allows for an easy transition into the growing Biotechnology sector. You will also learn about self-awareness, workplace exposure, communication, interview skills and goal setting through a job critical skills component that will equip you with the necessary skills needed for the world of work.
- Provide your certificate of highest academic achievement
- Have no criminal record and a clean credit history
- Have a minimum matric with Math and Sciences
- Preference will be given to candidate with an NQF level 6 qualification in a science domain
- Have obtained a Matic certification with Mathematics and Science
- South African nationality
- Between the age range of 18 to 35 years old
- Be under or unemployed at the time of application
- Able to attend full-time training Monday to Friday in Cape Town
- Able to commit to the full 4-month programme and committed to completing it
- Be available from February 2023
- An understanding of the industrial biotechnology theory
- The ability to design biotechnology experiments
- An understanding of the various stages of the product development cycle
- An understanding of the different upstream and downstream process unit operations in Biotech
- The ability to select appropriate process units for the desired outcome
- The practical experience and ability to understand key statistical calculations in excel
- The opportunity to develop data collection spreadsheets with calculations and graphs
- An understanding of the process variables calculations for bioprocess operations
- An opportunity to demonstrate a high level of microbiological techniques that can deliver on process requirements
- Experience to operate upstream and downstream process equipment
- The ability to formulate a product and determine shelf stability
- The skills to articulate scientific findings in detailed reports
- Experience to communicate findings to a broader stakeholder base.
- Attend campus-based experiential learning and training
- Complete and submit assessments and projects
- Complete practical workplace activities
- Complete your workplace induction
For More Information: