Application Deadline: unspecified
Job Title: Internship Program – Trade Marketing & Distribution
Job Number: 32781
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship – fixed term contract for one year
FUNCTION: Marketing and Sales
LOCATION: Kenya – Flexible location
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion-dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too. There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In each of our markets, we observe every local law regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code).
Not only that, we treat our farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities. We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As an organisation with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large company (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.
Ready to boost your skills and build a career through unique and practical experiences?
We are glad to introduce our internship programme that is designed for individuals who are looking to work in a dynamic global organization. The programme comprises of functional projects which, you, as an intern will be assigned over a period of 1 year in Nairobi, Coast, Lake, Mountain, Rift & Eastern Regions of Kenya. Along with accomplishing challenging tasks every day, you will receive coaching from your assignment manager through a structured plan and defined set of deliverables, for you to grow both your business and leadership capabilities.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- We expect you to have graduated from the university within the last 1 year. We are looking for someone driven, ambitious and with a zeal for learning. You will need to have an analytical approach, complimented by excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Interested applicants will have a chance to strive for development and contribute actively to the business through their projects in the Trade Marketing & Distribution function.
- If you have the talent and expertise to make your mark in a global organisation that thrives on diversity, innovation and a commitment to helping people make the most of their abilities, send through your application!!
- A valid driving licence is mandatory as in this role you will be required to drive a company car
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
For More Information: