Application Deadline: Ongoing
Artists and cultural practitioners from East Africa are invited to apply for the Mobility East Africa travel grant for a chance to participate in arts events in East Africa. The Mobility East Africa programme is co-produced by British Council, DOEN Foundation, and Lambent Foundation.
Apply for a Mobility East Africa travel grant for your chance to participate in an arts event in East Africa.
- The grant is accessible to artists between 18 – 35 years of age looking to participate in exhibitions/festivals/residencies/workshops across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Ethiopia.
- Successful applicants will be expected to share their travel experience in innovative, digital and publically accessible ways.
- This travel fund covers only the transport cost to a maximum of £ 400 per person.
- This fund is exclusively for East African nationals and residents looking to travel to either Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda or Ethiopia.
How to apply
To apply, simply produce a: two-minute video; or a one-minute audio recording; or fill in this application form to answer the following questions:
- Where do you want to go and what’s happening there?
- When and why do you need to go?
- How will you share your journey with others?
You need to answer all three questions for your application to be considered, no more and no less.
The selection team will be looking for applications that:
- Show generous and innovative ways of sharing your travel experience with others, both online and offline;
- The impact of the grant is clear: you have had limited travel before or it is clear that this experience will greatly benefit your practice.
Even if you submit a video or audio file you will need to fill out some basic details on this application form
You’ll also need to send us:
- An updated Bio or CV
- If you have been invited to participate at an event please include your invitation letter
Send all your information to Moe firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: