Application Deadline: 10th August 2016
As a participant of the European Forum – Active Citizenship you will:
- get the opportunity to reach a deeper understanding of this year’s topic of ‘Diversity & Inclusion’
- get an insight into the work of another organisation in Europe or its neighbouring countries
- gain knowledge that enables you to enhance your own practice.
The Forum provides space for networking, reflection, learning, and exchange. The first network meeting will take place from 4th to 8th of October 2016 in Tbilisi (Georgia). It is part of the International MitOst Festival, where thinkers and activists, experts and newcomers from all over Europe and its neighbouring regions create a diverse programme of workshops, discussions, film presentations, exhibitions, readings and concerts together. If you want to offer a contribution to the festival programme apart from your participation in the Forum, we would gladly assist you with the drafting and planning.
During the Forum we work according to the principle of peer-to-peer education. Participants are encouraged to prepare a topic for the event’s programme, to share their methods and approaches in a workshop or to present their practices to colleagues from different countries. While connecting with other practitioners and exchanging knowledge participants get support from mentors and prepare for the second part of the project.
The work shadowing visits allow for a personal encounter with the partner’s working context. During a 7 days trip, participants will get an insight into the activities of their host partner as well as into local socio-economic and cultural realities. Mobility grants and organisational support will be provided. The project team will mentor the participants during this phase.
A final meeting will take place in Berlin in February 2017. The participants will have the chance to reflect upon their experiences gained in the project together with the group as well as with external experts and plan further activities.
- MitOst are looking for representatives of NGOs and think tanks, social entrepreneurs, trainers and facilitators, clerks from public administration and politicians,
- who deal with different issues in the field of diversity and inclusion, who organise, activate and facilitate diversity and inclusion
- and live in the EU or in its neighbouring countries (also Eastern Partnership Countries, Russia, Tunisia, Egypt)
Participation and Application
- Multiple applications from one city, especially from different sectors, are welcome!
- Travel expenses and accommodation during the whole project will be covered by the organisers.
- The working language of the first network meeting and the final meeting is English.
The European Forum – Active Citizenship is a joint project of the Federal Agency for Civic Education and MitOst e.V.
For More Information: