AIESEC in Kenya is a youth – led organization that envisions the peace and fulfillment of humankind’s potential by running various programs in the universities. As part of our mandate we work with students in a bid to make them young leaders who impact positive change in their society.
YouthSpeak Survey, run by AIESEC, is a global youth insight survey by youth for youth. It aims to gather youth perspective about the present and their vision for the future, because the future depends on what we do today.
In September this year, the United Nations adopted the new global agenda for sustainable development in New York City and representatives of AIESEC International were there. The UN member states,governments, business, experts and leaders committed to address 17 global goals in the next 15 years for a better world. To make this world a reality, we also need young people.
The sustainable development goals (SDGs or global goals) are a new, universal set of goals, targets and indicators that United Nations member states will use to frame their agendas and political policies for the next 15 years. The SDGs follow, and expand on, the millennium development goals (MDGs), which were agreed by governments in 2000, and are due to expire at the end of this year.
- We are looking to understand what young people in Kenya care about, what they are passionate about and how they would like to be engaged over issues that matter to them.
- We are looking to take our collective youth voice to decision makers and influencers – governments, businesses, universities, media, NGOs, thought leaders, experts and youth organizations.
- Previous insights were taken to national and global YouthSpeak Forums where 6 regional projects were generated around the issues survey showed young people care about. One of them got support from the Asian Development Bank, which is now an AIESEC partner and is supporting this year’s YouthSpeak Initiative in unlocking the potential of Asian youth.
- This is why we need to all speak up.
- It is not just any survey, but a movement aimed to shine a spotlight on the issues that matter, create awareness and generate action.
- YouthSpeak Survey is the “no-barriers” programme that enables any young person and stakeholder to participate in issues relevant to their society. A flexible, attractive and engaging approach to making AIESEC relevant to any young person; and a way to get involved with no barriers and low commitment.
- YouthSpeak focuses on relevant issues and turns that into youth opinion via the YouthSpeak survey, and for people who are committed further, provides space to take action and create real-world impact.
Fill the survey today! Let your voice be heard! Let us help share Kenya!