Application Deadline: 31st of August 2015.
Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
Currently, MIF is receiving application for Research Fellowship Program until the 31st of August 2015.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
- Applicants must be under 49 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must have sufficient conversational ability in English or Japanese to prevent insurmountable difficulties during their research activities in Japan.
- Applicants should not have been in Japan in the past and/or in the present.
- Applicants should have firm positions and professions in their home countries, and should return to their countries on completion of their fellowship stay by MIF.
- Applicants must be of sound health and not physically handicapped in any way which would not prevent from carrying out research in Japan
Period & Number of Fellowships:
- For a period of from three to six months; the number of fellowships is about 20 persons each year.
Applicants indicate the period of Fellowship with the length of stay needed for the Research Project between 3 months to 6 months, and the commencing month and ending month between April 2016to March 2017. (e.g. 5 months from June 2016 to October 2017)
Host Institution In Japan:
- Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
- Stipend for research and stay, Insurance, Air transportation (a round-trip air ticket to/from Tokyo) and Lump sum on arrival
Download and Fill Out the Application Form
For More Infomation:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Research Fellowship Program