Application Deadline: October 10, 2022
The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, is organizing a capacity-building workshop on engagement with the African human rights system for South African civil society organisations (CSOs).
The capacity-building workshop is a full-day training workshop scheduled for Friday 28 October 2022. The workshop targets South African CSOs that have had no or only limited interaction with the African Union human rights system (the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights, the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights and the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child).
The capacity-building workshop aims to provide South African CSOs that have had limited interaction with the African human rights system an improved understanding of the African Union human rights landscape, from a South African perspective. The workshop will explore specific entry points that CSOs may use to engage with the African human rights system. The day will also be devoted to understand the requirements for formal engagement with the African human rights system, and explore the possibility of obtaining observer status with some of the African Union human rights bodies. The facilitators will include representatives of these bodies or their secretariats.
- The cost of participation in the capacity-building workshop (travel, accommodation, meals, local transport, and certificates) will be covered by the Centre for Human Rights.
- The participants will be required to arrive at the venue of the workshop (in Pretoria) on 27 October, attend the workshop on 28 October, and depart by the morning of 29 October.
If your organisation would like to participate, please
apply now. Applications close on 10 October 2022.
- The extent of interaction with the African human rights system of your CSO, and how the capacity-building workshop will be useful for your CSO;
- The details of the participant(s) who will represent your organisation;
- The location participant(s) will be traveling from; and
- Their preferred mode of travel (by air or on land).
Participants will be informed about their selection by 12 October 2022.
For More Information: