Application Deadline: September 30, 2023
FATE Foundation, in partnership with the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, is pleased to announce the launch of the Road to Growth Programme 2023 for women entrepreneurs leading a business in Oyo and Ogun State who want to Experience Increased Confidence and Capacity in Business. The programme is funded by Cherie Blair Foundation for Women and other partners. Road to Growth equips women entrepreneurs in low and middle-income countries with business skills, financial literacy, networks, and confidence so they can achieve business growth.
The programme aims to support 100 women Entrepreneurs running businesses in Oyo and Ogun States to break through barriers and support them to succeed.
The Road to growth programme is a 7 Week Hybrid Programme, that will take place 8-10 hours per week on the Learning Management System (LMS), Virtual Class sessions, WhatsApp Group sessions, and In-person sessions, using innovative classroom management tools. Lectures will be delivered in modules that afford participants the flexibility of time to run their businesses, while they participate in the programme. The core part of the program will include the following modules:
- Connections (Intro to Road to Growth)
- Context (Knowing Your Market)
- Communication (Digital Marketing)
- Capacity (Knowing Your Business)
- Capital (About Financing)
- Character (Financial Relationships)
- Confidence (Applying for Financing)
As the classes progress, participants will be developing their growth plans and make immediate improvements in their respective businesses where necessary.
Women entrepreneurs who:
• Own at least 50% of the business in Nigeria
• Have a business which has generated profit for at least 2 years
• Have 3-49 employees
• Have basic computer literacy
• Are able to read and write English
• Have a strong desire and commitment to grow their business(es)
• Have had no previous access to loans and have a need for additional investment
Additional Post Programme Benefits:
- Enterprise Training and Capacity Building
- Growth and Advisory Support
- Financial Literacy
- Access to Free Business Support Tools and Networks
- Membership in FATE Alumni Network
- Stage I: Interested applicants can apply using the Apply Button on our Application Platform (SOAR)
- Stage II: Following a review of all received applications, candidates will be shortlisted for a 10-minute phone/video interview after which 35 applicants will be selected for Ogun and 30 for Oyo cohort of the programme.
- Through the partnership with and the support of the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women and other partners, the programme is FREE to all entrepreneurs who successfully scale through the two application stages. This scholarship support covers all direct course fees including course materials, books, data support, and post programme support.
- This is a Hybrid training, and it is expected that each entrepreneur enrolled for the programme must be from the location/state where you have applied for the programme. This will also be verified during the shortlisting/selection process.
For More Information: