Application Deadline: September 30, 2017 by 11:59pm CST
The Center on Conflict and Development (ConDev) Student Media Grant is now open! This photojournalism grant, funded by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation Chair on Conflict and Development, awards up to $5,000 to students interested in capturing issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of the world through stunning photography. Past winners have traveled to and produced photography highlighting issues in Nigeria, Mali, Bangladesh, Nicaragua, Kenya, Haiti, Guatemala, Ethiopia, Peru, and other conflict-affected regions.
ConDev— part of Texas A&M University’s Department of Agricultural Economics—works to improve the effectiveness of development programs and policies for conflict-affected and fragile countries through international research, education and projects. The Center uses science and technology to reduce armed conflict, sustain families and communities during conflict, and assist states to rapidly recover from conflict.
- The Student Media Grant is OPEN TO STUDENTS WORLDWIDE (undergraduate, graduate, PhD, etc.). Students graduating in April-May 2018 are also eligible to apply.
• August 1, 2017: APPLICATION OPENS! You can start e-mailing your finished proposals to email@example.com
• September 30, 2017 by 11:59pm CST: Application deadline
• October 2017: Review Period– please be patient as we review your incredible proposals!
• November 2017: Notification Period
• January 2017 (Depending on proposal timeline): Funding Disbursement (approximate)
• January-December 2018: Grant winners travel and implement their photojournalism projects Proposal Format
• No more than four (8.5”×11”) pages (not including cover page)
• 12 point, Times New Roman font, Microsoft Word document format
• 1″ margins
Students should submit proposals that describe their anticipated travel, subjects, and plans for photo story production, refinement and promotion as specifically as possible. Proposals must include the following components:
2. Thematic Focus
3. Statement of Motivation
4. Media Experience
6. Narrative of Planned Activities (including Plan for Promotion)
- Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Student Media Grant: [Name of Student]” as the subject line. Only one proposal can be submitted per student, unless you are submitting high-and low-risk proposals for consideration.
Still Have Questions?
Feel free to contact the Grant Manager at email@example.com with additional questions.
For More Information: