Nomination Deadline: July 15, 2013
To recognize individuals or organizations for their contributions to the field of Peace Education, and to increase awareness for the positive impact peace education work has on people.
- To promote the importance of peace education globally by recognizing individuals and organizations for their work.
- To encourage the integration of knowledge about peacemaking into curricula at all levels of education; and
- To reward innovative approaches to the theory, practice, and teaching of peace and social justice.
Background and History
Established in 2007 when Fuad and Nancy El-Hibri were approached and requested to raise awareness about peace work, the El-Hibri Peace Education Prize recognizes outstanding individuals or organizations in peace education demonstrating successful and innovative approaches to promoting peace and social justice globally. The Prize is awarded annually at the El-Hibri Peace Education Prize Ceremony in Washington, DC.
- Cash award of $20,000;
- Public recognition of achievements;
- Promotion of the Laureate’s work; and
- Assistance in arranging speaking engagements to raise awareness about Peace Education.
All Prize Laureates are selected based on nominations. The selection process may include interviews with references who can speak to the nominee’s contributions to the field of Peace Education.
The selection of the prize Laureate is made by El-Hibri Peace Education Prize Selection Committee, chaired by Nonviolence International President Mubarak Awad. Membership of the Committee includes experts in the field of Peace Education and Prize Laureates.
The El-Hibri Peace Education Prize will be presented at the annual El-Hibri Peace Education Prize Ceremony in Washington, DC.
July 15, 2013: Nominations Due
July 30, 2013: Selection of 10 Semi-Finalists
August 6, 2013: Selection of 3 Finalists
October 3, 2013: Celebratory Reception in Washington, DC
If necessary, please print and mail the nomination form to:
The El-Hibri Peace Education Prize
c/o Nonviolence International
4000 Albemarle Street, NW
Washington, DC 20016
You Can fill the Nomination Form Online or download the nomination form and email it along with your supporting documents to[email protected]