Application Deadline: March 10, 2021.
Are you passionate about Ghana’s culture and heritage? Are you from a community involved in valuing Ghana’s heritage sites? Are you ready to create educational programmes or to promote tourism through the numerous cultural and heritage sites in Ghana? Most importantly, are you a Civil Society Organization/Non Governmental Organization with experience in this field?
If you answered yes to all the above, then this call is for you. The Sankofa Small Grant call is asking you to send in your project proposal that seeks to preserve, promote and advocate on culture and heritage in Ghana. Selected organizations will receive a small grant between €5,000 – €8,000 towards implementing their projects. Projects have to fall under the criteria stated in the call for application.
The deadline for submitting your Sankofa Small Grant Call application proposal is March 10, 2021. All applicants are advised to carefully read the contents of the call before applying in order to ensure that all criteria are met before the submission of their application.
- Please fill out the “Sankofa Small Grant Application Form” and the “Sankofa Provisional Budget” form.
- Submissions must be made sent via email to [email protected] with the full application attached. File should be named after the organization with the first page being the Grant Application Form.
- Please note that the deadline for receiving applications has been set to March 10th, 2021 at 4pm GMT. Proposals must be received on, or before this date and time. All applications received afterwards will not be considered.
- Please also note that the selected proposals shall not result in private or personal gains.
- Results of the selection process will be communicated through emails and/or written communications to all applicants.
- Each successful project will be supported with a grant of a minimum of 5,000€ and a maximum of 8,000€. Project budgets can be within the stated amount and must reflect real costs. Potential project budgets will be assessed and evaluated by our team of financial experts. Applications that do not reflect the real costs of items/services budgeted will be automatically disqualified.
- Selected projects will receive their funding in 2 instalments as follows: 60% upon signing of contract and the remaining 40% upon justification of use of the first instalment.
- Upon the official signing of grant agreement, grantee applicants will have 8-9 months to implement their projects (even if their impact is expected on a longer term).
- Priority will be given to projects proposed by CSOs which have NOT been provided support from Sankofa in 2020.
For more information, kindly download the terms of reference:
For More Information: