Submission Deadline: July 15 2015
#DrawDisability is a global campaign launched by the United Nations Secretary-General’s Global Education First Initiative (GEFI), in partnership with the Global Observatory for Inclusion (GLOBI) and the United Nations Global Education First Initiative Youth Advocacy Group (GEFI-YAG). It aims to enhance awareness among children and youth on disability by inviting them to reflect on their understanding of the concept of disability and to portray, by drawing, how they see Persons with Disabilities (PWD) in their communities.
How to participate?
- All drawings received will be uploaded and displayed on a dedicated section of globi-observatory.org.
- The general public will be invited to share the photos on social networks using the hashtag #DrawDisability.
- Early submissions by April 1, 2015 are highly encouraged as selected drawings will be showcased at the World Education Forum in May 2015 in Incheon, South Korea, and the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (COSP-CRPD) in June 2015 New York, USA.
- These exhibitions will aim to maximize awareness raising efforts on the challenges of disabilities and the importance of inclusive education.
- The deadline for all submissions will be July 15, 2015 after which date, the general public will be invited to vote their favorite drawings on-line.
- The 60 most voted drawings by the public will be shortlisted and a designated jury will then select the 30 best drawings based on: Message/Disability relevance (40%), Creativity (30%), Technique (20%), and Overall impact (10%).
- The final selection of 30 artworks will be exhibited on the sidelines of the 70th United Nations General Assembly.
How to submit?
Recommended format of drawings: A4 paper (or 8.5’ X 11” sized paper) and any coloring medium with
the following information – title of the artwork with a 3-5-sentence description; name, age, sex, country, city,school, and class of the author.
Types of submission: scanned images of the drawings; digital pictures of the drawings using digital
cameras or smartphones; original drawings can be sent using the traditional postal system to GLOBI for
Via on-line submission form: www.globi-observatory.org/DrawDisability
Via email: [email protected]
Via postal system: GLOBI, Via Pietro Cossa 280/10, 10151 Torino, Italy
For More Information: