In partnership with the European Commission, and Agence Française de Développement (AFD), HEVA Fund has opened applications to the East Africa Creative Business Fund – an additional facility to the existing growth fund. This will see an additional investment of USD 380,000 go to creative businesses that are registered and operational in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
The East Africa Creative Business Fund is a patient loan facility that will be made available to successful applicants through debt investments of between USD 20,000 and USD 50,000, given for a maximum of 4 years. This fund is designed to provide financing for creative businesses to: restructure interrupted supply chains; increase production capacity; diversify offerings; increase market share; increase integration in local and regional value chains; support transition to low-touch and digital capabilities; and take advantage of new opportunities.
Enterprises under any of the following creative economy value chains will be eligible to apply: fashion; crafts and handmade items; furnishings and decorative home; cultural tourism; creative and cultural education; cultural food and cuisine; cultural infrastructure (spaces, equipment, platforms etc); events; digital media; film and television; photography, and music production and distribution.
Through this new East Africa Creative Business Fund, as well as the active growth fund facility, HEVA aims to: build on the increasing contribution to the regional GDP by the cultural and creative industries to the region’s economy; grow dynamic, youth-led creative enterprises; increase creative business ownership, management and leadership among women, especially young women; and contribute to the growth of the East African cultural footprint in regional and international markets.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
Key requirements for each application are:
1. Your business must be registered and operational in one of the listed countries: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Ethiopia. At least 51% of company shareholders must be citizens in any of these countries.
2. Your business must be able to demonstrate a resident team (permanent or part-time). The business must have a minimum of one (1) permanent employee.
3. You must have valid financial statements or audited accounts for a minimum of one (1) year.
4. Your business must demonstrate that it has been operating for at least two (2) years.
5. Your enterprise must be in any of the following creative economy value chains:
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the HEVA 2020 East Africa Creative Business Fund
[…] http://www.opportunitiesforafricans.comTweetezPartagezEnregistrerPartagez0 Partages […]
[…] articleHEVA 2020 East Africa Creative Business Fund for young Entrepreneurs Next articleGovernment of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2021 for study in […]
[…] précédentHEVA 2020 East Africa Creative Business Fund pour les jeunes entrepreneursArticle suivantAccélérateur d’innovation 2020 du Programme alimentaire mondial (PAM) pour […]