Application Deadline: September 20th 2016
Every two years, the International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC) invites Young Journalists (YJs) working all around the world to be part of the next edition of the IACC.
Successful Young Journalists will be selected from South America and the rest of the world* to form the Young Journalist (YJ) team at the IACC. They will work together under the guidance of the IACC and Transparency International media unit to report on the conference and the conference sessions through various social media and new media channels including the IACC blog, Facebook, Twitter and Vimeo.
The selected YJs will also have the opportunity to submit stories to their own news outlets, write monthly blogs/articles for the IACC website and have a chance to engage with the TI National Chapters in their respective countries.
- Someone not over 35 years old on the 2nd September 2016.
- A working journalist or blogger of any nationality with proven experience, based in a country where there is a Transparency International National Chapter.*
- IACC are looking for photojournalists, video broadcast journalists, print/online journalists, or tech-savvy journalists with experience working across different platforms.
- Fluency in English (demonstrated through TOEFL and/or IELTS scores if available).
- Journalists with a taste for fighting corruption and keen to learn more about Transparency International, the IACC Series and the issues we work on. Ideally you should have experience reporting on social issues.
- Skills and knowledge in one of the following:
- Print/online journalism
- Video broadcast journalism
- Technology/social media
- Graphic design/journalism
Successful applicants will be invited to report on the 17th IACC in Panama City, Panama. You will receive:
- Ticket to the 17th IACC
- Round-trip economy flights to Panama and accommodation for four nights.*
- Refund for any visa costs
- Guidance and advice from our Communications team at Transparency International and previous Young Journalists.
- Journalistic opportunities before and after the conference with the freedom to write about what matters to you.
- Access to some of the most influential people in the anti-corruption field as well as the civil society, business and governmental sectors
How to Apply
For the chance to be part of the select 17th IACC Young Journalists group you need to submit the following:
- Links to or samples of your work in your medium of expertise, preferably on issues covered by the IACC (see the Conference Agenda for inspiration).
- A short essay (250-300 words) in English on why you want to join the Young Journalist team and what you can do to contribute before, during, and after the Conference.
- Finally, include a resume/CV in English with references.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and you should therefore aim to get your application in as soon as possible. The final deadline is the 20th September 2016.
For More Information: