Application Deadline: Feb. 6, 2017, 11:59 p.m. Central time.
The International Interior Design Association Student Design Competition is open to graduate and undergraduate students around the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design or architecture program.
School projects already completed may be reinterpreted and/or edited to meet the requirements of this competition. If the school project was completed as a group, all members must agree in writing to enter the reinterpreted and/or edited project, and all members must be listed as participants on the entry form.
Your project must be submitted digitally through the competition website from Nov. 7, 2016, to Feb. 6, 2017, 11:59 p.m. Central time. Each submission must include the following:
- Project/Contact Info (entry form)
- Participant name(s)
- Member ID (if a current member)
- Project title
- Contact info
- 500-word project description outlining why your concept demonstrates the future of social retail
- (1) 24”x36” digital presentation board in PDF format not to exceed 5MB containing:
- (1) Dimensioned floor plan drawn to scale
- (1) Furniture and materials plan (You may combine the dimensioned floor plan and furniture plans.)
- (1) Reflected ceiling plan (Assume the ceiling is a blank slate.)
- (2) to (4) Renderings of the completed space
- (2) Additional drawings of the space (elevation, perspective, isometric, axonometric, orthographic)
- Additional elements to convey the overall concept including, but not limited to, furniture and fixture specifications, color palettes, wall sections, electrical plans, schedules, additional renderings, etc.
- File name: SDC + initials + year_board (SDCLHH2017_board.pdf)
NOTE: Do not place your name or other identifying information on your board or you may be disqualified.
- Individual JPEG digital submissions of the (10) to (12) required drawings/renderings outlined above saved as:
- JPG format
- RGB color mode
- Maximum size of 1MB per image
- File name: SDC + initials + year_number (SDCLHH2017_1.jpg)
- Document dimensions not to exceed 11”x17”
NOTE: Do not place your name or other identifying information on your images or you may be disqualified.
First, second, and third place winners will be selected by a jury of interior design and business professionals who will judge entries based on innovation and creativity, coherence and functionality, human impact, fulfillment of program requirements, and presentation of the information.
Prizes from OFS Brands:
1st Place – $2,500
2nd Place – $1,500
3rd Place – $750
*Prizes to be split amongst team members for team submissions that win.
- IIDA Student Members: $25.00
- Non-Members: $70.00 (includes IIDA Student membership for the remainder of 2016 through Dec. 31, 2017).
- Non-members are required to submit a membership application and supporting documents by Feb. 11, 2017, in order to receive membership under the above promotion. Download a student membership application. Do not apply online separately.
- No refunds allowed if you do not take advantage of the promotion and submit required documentation by Feb. 1, 2017.
- Membership offer not valid for team entries.
- Team Entries: IIDA Student Member: $25 (at least one student on the team must be an IIDA Student Member)
- Team Entries: Non-Members: $70 (does not include membership offer)
For More Information: