Application Deadline: 30th May, 2014
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), in collaboration with Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) announces scholarships for Bachelor and Masters degree programmes in two disciplines, namely:
(1) Local Governance and Human Rights (Bachelor and Masters Degree),
(2) Democracy and Development Studies (Bachelors Degree).
The scholarships are targeted towards aspiring future leaders across a range of social, political, and economic fields. Applicants will have to prove their leadership potential in order to be considered for the scholarship.
A total of 12 (twelve) scholarships are available and shall be awarded on a competitive basis.
Eligibility / Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be citizens of either Uganda or South Sudan and should not be more than 30 years for bachelors programmes, and 35 years for masters programmes;
- Applicants must have proof of academic excellence in previous levels of education;
- Applicants shall provide a motivational letter indicating why they desire to undertake the particular course; applicants holding leadership positions or portray potential for future leadership may have an added advantage;
- Current or past employment in relevant programme areas and/or engagement in social, developmental and/or political sphere(s) may have additional advantage;
- Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial needs;
The Scholarship Package
- For successful candidates, the scholarship shall cover the cost of tuition and the residential workshops as charged by the university.
- The student is expected on his/her own or through other sources to meet the cost of transport, books, research and other expenses on the study.
- Successful candidates from South Sudan shall have the cost for international air or bus tickets to Uganda for the residential workshops (also) covered under the scholarship.
- A reimbursement shall also be made for the cost for one international return ticket for the graduate admission test conducted at the University for Master Students – but only when a student has been successfully selected for the scholarship.
- The student shall however still meet all costs of inland travel either in Uganda or South Sudan.
Complete Applications should be addressed to:
The Country Representative Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung and be delivered as follows:
Or by post to
P.O. Box 647, Kampala
Or hand delivered to
Plot 51A, Prince Charles Drive, Kololo
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 30th May, 2014
For More Information: