Application Deadline: April 8th 2016
The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is designed for international students who wants to pursue higher education in Korean Universities.
Available Universities: 66 universities or institutions designated by National Institute for International Education (NIIED):
Applicants must choose their desired fields of study from the listed programs in the University Information section provided by participating universities.
Available Fields of Study
- Detailed information about the fields and majors offered by the universities listed above is available under the University Information section on the website, www.studyinkorea.go.kr.
- Applicants must choose their desired fields of study from the listed programs.
- Night schools, seasonal programs, online and distant-learning programs are not included.
Available Degree Programs
Night schools, Seasonal schools, and schools through Internet are not allowed.
- Both applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of the foreign country.
- Applicants cannot have Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for a long period of time.
- Should be under 40 years of age as of 1 September 2016.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of August 31st, 2016.
- Applicants who are enrolling or have already enrolled in the same academic program in Korea as the one they are applying for will not be admitted.
- For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students who hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree
- For Doctoral program: students who hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
- Applicants who are expecting the adequate diploma should present their diploma by August 31st, 2016 before entry.
- Should have a grade point average (G.P.A.) at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previous attended institution.
- If the grade is difficult to convert to percentage, official explanatory documents from the attended university are required.
- Airfare: A round-trip economy class ticket
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won(KRW) per month
- Research Allowance: 210,000 won for students in human and social sciences; 240,000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences per semester
- Relocation (Settlement) Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival
- Language Training Fee : The full costs up to 1 year
- Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution. The full tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: 500,000 ~ 800,000 won for the costs related to a printing dissertation
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 won per month(limited insurance coverage) will be provided to the university for students.
- Special fund for students proficient in Korean language (TOPIK level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month(Commencing from the main program)
Applicants can apply for the scholarships through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University. See the websites of or the in which you want to study in.
The selection process for applicants will proceed in three steps:
- Firstly, applicants must be selected by the institution he or she is applying through (a Korean embassy, or a designated university).
- Secondly, applicants who passed the first round must be selected by the NIIED Selection Committee.
- Finally, applicants who passed the second round must gain admission from a university.
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For More Information: