This program is designed for people with strong leadership skill whoa re early to mid-career professionals. It is for visionary individuals committed to making a lasting impact in the areas of public service and social development
Eligible Candidates Must Be:
- A citizen and resident of Egypt, Libya, or Tunisia
- Between 25 and 35 years of age
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in one or more of the following area: policy development, legislation, service and/or volunteer work, civil society organizations, community activism, unions or labor law, government administration, elections, voter education, social innovation and activism.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have NOT previously traveled to the U.S. on a government-sponsored exchange program.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill the Application form .
- Contact details of current employer
- Have you participated in any previous exchange programs (U.S. or other?)
- Resume or CV
- Essay questions
– What do you expect to learn and accomplish during the Legislative Fellow’s Program?
Once you’ve determined that you meet the eligibility requirements, take some time to think about whether the Legislative Fellows Program is right for you. You can learn more about the program by exploring this website.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate flexibility and a sincere interest in gaining professional experience by working in a U.S. Congressional office or non-profit organization. This includes a variety of tasks and may from time to time include some routine administrative work.
This intensive work experience is complemented by cultural immersion activities, dialogue with non-governmental and business leaders, and excursions. Upon return home, fellows will be responsible for completing a follow on project and for sharing what they have learned with colleagues and additional audiences.
December 30, 2012
Any Questions ? Contact your local recruiter or Legacy International.
Egypt Contact: AMIDEAST, Egypt (Nancy Fanous)
Libya Contact: AMIDEAST, Libya (Sawsan Werfelli) +218 91 398 1939.
Tunisia Contact: AMIDEAST, Tunisia (Nada Belhassen)+216 71-145-745
In the USA – Atefeh Leavitt: Legacy International