Application Deadline: August 31st 2016
LFS Financial Systems is a German consulting and management firm specialized in Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) finance projects in developing and transition countries. LFS’ main clients and partners are international financial institutions and development agencies including the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), KfW Development Bank, and the World Bank.
In addition to the provision of advisory services to banks and non-banks in the MSME finance field, LFS is the founder and lead investor in Access Microfinance Holding AG in Berlin, Germany, which operates a growing network of currently ten microfinance banks, all of which are managed by LFS.
LFS are looking in Africa, South America and the Central Asian region for candidates to join the Future Leaders Programme / Trainee MSME Banking
Future Leaders Programme / Trainee MSME Banking TC/LFS01
Structure of the Future Leaders Programme
An additional goal of the Future Leaders Programme will be to enhance the Trainees’ management skills to prepare them for their future management tasks. After the training, Junior Banking Advisors are ready to take over first management responsibilities in another Access network bank.
The training location is selected based on the experience and language skills of the trainee, as well as on project capacities and vacancies. Throughout the training, trainees are involved in the daily operations of the bank. Trainees are part of the LFS team on the ground and cooperate closely with the local staff in the bank.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Masters degree in finance or finance-related field, economics, business, microfinance, or agriculture;
- Apprenticeship in banking or finance sector would be advantageous;
- Interest in a long-term career in the field of microfinance;
- First work experience or internships in the field of Branchless Banking, particularly Digital Finance;
- 2 years professional experience, including first relevant experiences, e.g. in SME and/or Agri-Finance, and (Corporate) Finance are an asset;
- Living or work experience in a developing or transition economy,
- Excellent command of English and preferably one of the following languages: Arabic, French, Portuguese or Russian. Additional languages would be an asset;
- Motivation for a long-term assignment in developing or transition countries;
- Evidence of a sense of responsibility, intercultural awareness, creativity and commitment to excellence.
How to Apply