Submission Deadline: Thursday, 30 November 2017, 1700 hours South African time
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is calling for applications from individual or corporate consultants to update workshop content for the MINDS Regional Training Workshops on Elections and Governance.
Scope of consultancy
MINDS is inviting a suitably qualified consultant/s to review the current workshop content and update it according to the aims of the MINDS Youth Program on Elections and Governance and the main objectives of the regional training workshops. The consultancy will therefore, comprise three main tasks: 1) Reviewing of current workshop content, 2) Proposing recommended changes, and 3) Updating workshop content.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be an African citizen. (Applicable to individual applicants).
• Be a registered, compliant legal entity within at least one African country. (Applicable to organizations).
• Have at least five (5) years’ individual or organizational experience in designing or developing learning content or learning experiences targeted at African youth in relation to civic engagement in general, or elections and governance specifically.< br> • Have a sound understanding of the different electoral systems applied in African countries, the electoral cycle, and a broad understanding of governance processes and youth participation in elections and governance in Africa.
• Have access to the input of a diverse team (including but not limited to age, gender and geographic location/ exposure to the African continent).
• Be flexible to travel, should that be necessary.
• Be able to write and fluently present in English.
The engagement should take no longer than three (3) months.
Submission of interest
Applicants are required to submit an electronic expression of interest with the following documents:
• A detailed CV or organizational profile outlining leadership and ownership structures, values, previous clients and a list of three references.
• A three-month project plan AND budget estimate based on the information provided in the Terms of Reference. Applicants must state clearly any assumptions they make in arriving at a preliminary budget. The consultant’s total budget must not exceed USD 20 000 and it must include all expenses directly related to the project, including costs that MINDS may have to cover before the final payment is made to the consultant, for example, travel costs to facilitate meetings.
• Up to three samples of the most recent work done to design and develop learning content/ experiences for African youth in relation to civic engagement in general, or elections and governance specifically.
The documents above must be emailed to [email protected] in PDF version on or before 17:00 hours South African time on Thursday the 30th of November 2017 . Late applications will not be acknowledged or considered.
MINDS will contact shortlisted organizations and may request more information before making the final selection. To all applicants (excluding late applicants), MINDS will communicate the outcome of the selection process by Monday the 11th of December 2017 . MINDS reserves the right not to explain the outcome of the selection process or provide any further detail to the applicant’s outcome. MINDS also reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Should you require more information, kindly send your query to [email protected] before the application closing date.
The full Terms of Reference (TORs) are available here.
For More Information: