Submission Deadline: September 21, 2014
- Are You under 35 and using innovative and inspiring solutions to protect parks, people and the planet?
- Submit your work to the Pushing Boundaries challenge for a chance to be featured at the World Parks Congress in Sydney, Australia, plus other prizes!
The Pushing Boundaries Challenge is asking the question: How are you co-creating a protected planet? and is inviting young people to share their work and projects using stories, photos, videos, songs, or art through this interactive online platform.
The Pushing Boundaries Challenge is designed to provide an outlet for passion and creativity that highlights how young people are using inspiring and innovative solutions to keep our world wild and protected.
Each submission to the Challenge will showcase how young people are furthering Parks, People and Planet, whether they are working within already set protected areas boundaries or outside of them.
The Challenge recognizes that our protected lands are diverse in form: ICCAs (Indigenous Peoples’ and Local Communities Conserved Areas and Territories), Sacred Natural Sites, National Parks, Marine Sanctuaries, etc. We also realize that many of our important and wild lands lie outside of protected areas limits, and that threats to all of these spaces arise from all sides of their borders. This Challenge is designed to encompass all of these special places, focusing on the new and innovative ways that young people are co-creating a new generation of conservation.
- The Challenge will accept entries that range from local to global in scope, and will be evaluated on impact, creativity, innovation and its ability to be replicated. Participants must be under 35 years of age at time of submission.
- Submissions can be in the form of documents, video, art, stories, songs…anything that inspires creativity and successfully represents the participant’s project. Participants can submit their work as an individual, as a group, or as a part of (under) an organization or business.
Challenge Prizes and Winners
Two (2) top winners will receive:
- Mentorship, support, and direction to create a 2-3 minute professional video highlighting their work to be shown at the World Parks Congress in Sydney, Australia in November 2014,
- A featured profile on the CoalitionWILD website and Challenge website
- A feature in the CoalitionWILD newsletter and WCPA newsletter
- Become a CoalitionWILD Ambassador
- Top 10 winners will receive international exposure via the CoalitionWILD, IUCN, WCPA and World Parks Congress websites and on site at the World Parks Congress via posters and/or multimedia display, including in a dedicated session under Stream 8 – Inspiring a New Generation.
- Two “People’s Choice” winners will also be chosen via a public voting process, and will receive a prize of either a one year subscription to Vimeo Plus, or a one year Dropbox Premium account.
For More Information: