Deadline for Nomination: 30 June,2015
Open to: Agricultural scientists/ researchers/ development workers from the RUFORUM member Universities.
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is a consortium of 46 universities operating in 22 African countries across the African continent. Established in 2004, RUFORUM has the mandate to oversee graduate training and networks of specialization in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) countries and has a cooperative agreement with the African Union Commission to support the implementation of the Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA).
RUFORUM, through the Impact Research and Science in Africa or IMPRESSA award, will award outstanding university scientists who have made significant contribution in the field of agricultural research and science for development in Africa, including human and institutional development.
This year’s Awards (3) will be presented at the RUFORUM Annual General Meeting to be held in Windhoek, Namibia, August 28-29, 2015. RUFORUM commits to work with partners in publicizing and promoting the work of the Award winners.
The competition organizers invite nominations to the IMPRESSA Award.
- The IMPRESSA Award competition is open to all agricultural scientists/ researchers/ development workers from the RUFORUM member Universities.
- Both individuals and teams whose work, undertaken in sub-Saharan Africa has contributed to the objectives of IMPRESSA Award are eligible for nomination.
- Nominations must be submitted in writing, in English or French.
- All nominations are confidential and the identities of nominators and nominees will be kept in confidence.
- Nominations should be sent to RUFORUM Secretariat. Self-nominations are not acceptable under this Call.
Nominator / promoter:
Give full names, full contact details including email, professional and organizational affiliation.
- Part A (Max. 500 words): The nominator will give full names, full contact details including email, professional and organizational affiliation, and biographical data.
- Part B (Max 1000 words): A succinct factual summary outlining the nominator’s key arguments for the nomination.
- Part C (Max 6000 words): A detailed background and factual argument for the nomination including direct measurable and non-measurable achievements and impacts; supporting documents including citations, honors, written works and other references.
- Deadline for nominations is 30 June , 2015
- Presentation of IMPRESSA Awards during the RUFORUM AGM in Namibia: 29th August 2015
The IMPRESSA Award competition is organized by the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM).
- All nominations should be sent by email to email@example.com and indicate in the subject line ‘IMPRESSA Nomination’.
- Documentary evidence from nominees should be sent by registered / traceable courier to RUFORUM Secretariat, and clearly marked ‘IMPRESSA’ on the envelope.
- RUFORUM Secretariat, Plot 151/155 Garden Hill, Makerere University Main Campus, P.O Box 16811 Wandegeya, Kampala, Uganda, Tel: +256-417-713-300 (Office). Attention: IMPRESSA Awards
For More Information: