Startup Open is a global competition to identify and recognize startups founded between GEW 2014 and GEW 2015. It is open to any entrepreneurs who has just or is about to start a new venture and has a “startup moment” between November 23, 2014 and November 16, 2015.
A startup moment can be when a business is incorporated, doors open for business, a first sale is completed, outside funding is secured, or something else that can be interpreted as the company is “open for business.”
Startup Open recognizes the GEW 50 – the 50 most promising ventures from around the world– based on their growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and pitching skills. Those 50 companies will then compete for a handful of prizes with the winners announced during GEW, November 16-22, 2015.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications will be accepted from January 1, 2015, until September 14, 2015.
- Applications will only be accepted online through the iStart platform or through an officially approved National Competition.
- It is not required that a startup be incorporated, but a company cannot be incorporated over 18 months to compete.
- Prizes are nontransferable.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
Applicants will have until September 14 to submit their startup. The GEW 50 will be announced in October and the Startup Open winner will be announced during GEW.
For More Information: