Project will take place before Application submission by:
31st January | 30th April | 31st August | 30th November
SüdKulturFonds provides shortfall guarantees and project-specific contributions to support productions and events with artists or films from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe (non-EU countries). The aim of this support is to facilitate access to the Swiss and European cultural market and to professional networks for artists from southern and eastern countries of the world, particularly the partner countries of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
Priority is given to artistically independent and convincing music and film projects, which must also be accessible to as a wider an audience in Switzerland as possi- ble. Promotional and fundraising events will not be supported.
SüdKulturFonds is financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Coopera-tion (SDC). Project applications should only be submitted to the Office for Cul- tural Cooperation artlink by the deadlines stated below.
artlink will judge the applications together with experts. Projects that have already taken place cannot be supported retrospectively and the sum of contributions that have already been granted cannot be increased. Successful projects must be able to provide proof of sufficient self-financing, with particular emphasis being laid on realistic and adequate revenue from tickets or sales.
Applicants are encouraged to pursue funding from other sources or agen-cies (cities, cantons, philanthropic causes), but funding from other government departments is not possible if it is awarded to the same area of a project.
The applicants – be they individuals, groups or institutions – must be able to guar-antee that the project will be completed professionally.
The contributions awarded by SüdKulturFonds may only be used for the purposes stated in the project appli-cation and successful projects must adhere
to the conditions stated in the funding confirmation. Any changes that occur during the creation of the project should be communicated to artlink immediately, as they may result in the application being reassessed
Which projects will SüdKulturFonds support?
Single events: Application should be submitted by the event organiser; art-
ists appearing at events may not submit an application themselves.
-Series of events: multiple eligible events over the course of a year or a sea-son.
-Festivals: one or more eligible events with multiple productions.
-Tours of non-resident artists
-Production of CD’s or video clips, from complex programmes or thematic co-productions (excluded film productions).
-Residency in one of the recognized studios in Switzerland (artist in resi-dence).
When should the applications be submitted?
Contributions to smaller projects, single events or part funding of up to
-Submission deadline four weeks before the project is due to start.
-The artlink office will judge projects on a rolling basis.
Contributions to medium-sized and larger projects, annual or seasonal series of events of up to CHF 30’000.
-The deadline is dependent on when the project will take place:
Project will take place before Application submission by
- 20th May- 31st January
- 20th September- 30th April
- 20 th December – 31st August
- 20 th February – 30th November
– The applications will be judged by a committee of experts approximately
two weeks after the deadline. Contributions of over CHF 30’000.- to projects of national or regional significance:
Submission deadline twice yearly upon agreement, at least two months
before the project is due to start. Applicants must contact artlink directly before submitting an application.
-Applications are decided by the SDC-artlink leadership group, based on a recommendation by the committee of industry experts
What should be included in an application?
– Fully completed cover sheet “Application | Accounts” (Download from www.artlink.ch under SüdKulturFonds. Save a copy to your computer so that it can be updated after the project has been completed.)
– Project description (WHY is WHO doing WHAT with WHOM, and HOW for WHOM and WHEN?)
– Details of the artists involved (Name, age, nationality, country and place of
residence, role within the project, short CV.), resp. list of the programmed
films and her authors
– Recordings (images /sound) of previous work or of the planned project (not necessary for film festivals).
– Details of the planned production venues / locations.
– Details of those responsible for the project (Name, occupation, previous work, programmes from previous years.)
– Detailed budget and financial plan (see template on www.artlink.ch under SüdKulturFonds).
Please send two copies of the completed application by post to:
artlink, Büro für
CH – 3000 Bern 7
The cover sheet “Application | Accounts” should also be sent electronically
When will the contributions be paid?
Funding contributions will be paid once a completed final account and final report have been presented. This should occur no longer than three months after the project has been completed.
In the case of longer projects, an application can be made for a maximum of 50% of the total sum to be paid in advance. In the case of deficit guarantees, only the effective declared shortfall (up to and not exceeding the agreed sum) will be paid. If a project is covered by multiple deficit guarantees, the shortfall will be split pro-rata between the various deficit guarantors.
What should be included in a final report?
– Fully completed cover sheet “Application | Account s” (Download from www.artlink.ch under SüdKulturFonds.)
– Detailed final accounts including a comparison with the budget outlined in the project application and an explanation of any notable discrepancies.
– Fully completed “Questionnaire for Final Report” (Download fromwww.artlink.ch under SüdKulturFonds.)
– Possibly copy of your own report (have the goals outlined in the project description been achieved? If not, why?)
– Copies of artists’ contracts
– Flyers , programmes etc.
– Recordings (Sound / Image) where appropriate
– Copies of press reviews and previews
– Payment slip
Hard copies of the final report
should be sent by post to:
artlink, Cultural Cooperation
P.O. Box 109
CH-3000 Bern 7