The United Nations Environment Programme Regional Office for Africa (UNEP-ROA) is organizing its 4th African Youth Conference on Environment and Sustainable Development, TunzaAfrika 2013 in Lome, Togo from 17 to 20 September, 2013.
The conference, organized in collaboration with Jeunes Volontaires pour l’Environnement (JVE)/the Young Volunteers for the Environment (YVE) –Togo, as part of the UNEP-BAYER Partnership on the Environment, will bring together youth leaders across Africa to finalize the design of TUNZAFRIKA as a platform for action learning and deliberations on youth contributions to global and regional processes on environment and sustainable development.
The theme is: “Charting a sustainable and eco-responsible Africa: Harnessing African youth’s contribution”
All applications must be sent to the contacts below by August 20th, 2013
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 24
- Applicants must be able to understand French or English
- Applicants must be committed to follow up the TUNZAFRIKA activities
Applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Commitment and experience working on environmental issues,
- Leadership Skills: preference will be given to applicants with experience in leadership roles, project Idea; organizational skills, and grassroots outreach; project experience
- Diversity: preference will be given to those who can contribute something unique to the Youth Network. Diversity is defined broadly and goes beyond gender, religion, and ethnicity to include experience and background.
For More Information: