Application Deadline: May 31st 2013
Junior Chamber International Osaka (JCI Osaka) is inviting participants from all around the world to participate in Peace Conference of Youth (PCY) 2013 .
The PCY (Peace Conference of Youth) is a program to aim cultivating leaders who can take proactive actions and use their initiative for the achievement of world peace. Junior Chamber International Osaka (JCI Osaka) provides an opportunity for students from all over the world to learn and discover world peace, and to reach a conclusion of what needs to be done for world peace.
JCI Osaka wish the students to be the leaders to build international network for seeking world peace and to spread the movement globally.
The 2013 PCY application process seeks to select students who excel with the abilities to take action, execute plans, communicate effectively, and to create connections that will expand the reach of the PCY.
The PCY will aid in the development of leadership skills and promote proactive traits to realize world peace, all without an admission charge to participants. It will provide an open environment for students from all over the world to gather and discover the path to a bright global future.
- Applicant must be an active university or graduate student who can attend all events during the program.
- Applicants must be aged 25 or under as of August, 2013.
- Applicant must be joined all PCY2013 program from August 20 to 25.
- May 31, 2013 Application Deadline
- June 15, 2013 Participants confirmed
- June 23, 2013 Pre PCY（For: Domestic student and international students in Japan）
- August 20-25, 2013 PCY（For：All participants）
- August 25, 2013 PCY main forum
- Former participants will not be accepted.
- Application form: Use the designated 2013 PCY application form.
- JCI Member is not eligible for applying for any reason.
- Applications must be typed. Hand-written applications will not be accepted.
- Numbers: Please do not use roman numerals (i.e., I., II., III)
- Do not use abbreviations. Write out the full name.
- Your name: Write your full name as it appears on your passport.
- Applications after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Any application with incomplete material will be invalid.
- Applications will be used solely for the PCY program and will not be returned.
- Participants’ round-trip air tickets (economy-class),transportation fees in Japan, accommodation and meals during the program will be provided by JCI Osaka.
How to Apply for PCY Participation
Application form– Download the PCY application form
- Official transcript
- Scanned copy of your most recent official transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a professional reference
- Applicants are NOT permitted to inspect the letter. We are unable to accept unsigned letters of recommendation. Hand-written letters will not be accepted.
- Recommender may directly send the recommendation letter in PDF format to PCY
- One photocopy of your student ID
- Photocopy of the front side of your student ID
- One photocopy of your passport
- Photocopy of the front page of your passport
- One digital photo
- Digital photo with white background – keep the size less than 1MB
2. Location where applications should be submitted:
Send to: [email protected]
*This e-mail address is only for applications. All other e-mail messages to this account will be disregarded.
Note: Please keep your application photo size to be less than 1MB.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact pcy at [email protected]