Application Deadline: 18 April 2022, 23.45 BST
This scholarship is open to applicants who are nationals of a Bartlett approved list of Sub-Saharan African countries pursuing a Bartlett master’s programme.
The Bartlett Promise aims to enable students from backgrounds which are underrepresented in The Bartlett, to pursue postgraduate studies at The Bartlett, UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment. For The Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan African scholarship, candidates must:
- be a national of one of The Bartlett’s approved list 2 of Sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries and resident in an eligible SSA country
- must not hold a British or dual British citizenship
- have an offer of admission to a Bartlett master’s programme for study in 2022/23 which is either unconditional or conditional only on English language
- be in financial need as assessed by UCL 3
In addition to these, due consideration will be given to candidates who meet any of these criteria:
- be a forced migrant4
- be the first generation in the family to attend university at undergraduate level
- be the first generation in family to attend university at postgraduate level
Full overseas tuition fees, an allowance to cover living and study expenses (£15,364) for the normal duration of the programme at UCL, a flight to/from the UK, UK Study Visa costs, English language assessment costs, health test costs, master’s programme application fee costs and the NHS health supplement charge in the UK. All Promise scholars will also receive on-going academic and career support during their study.
Number of awards
Four scholarships are available to students starting September 2022.
Prospective students who are nationals of Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Postgraduate taught master’s programmes
We will consider your educational, personal and financial circumstances. You will need to demonstrate these in your application. Assessment of applications will be made in relation to the eligibility criteria.
For More Information: