Application Deadline: 15 February 2022.
On the occasion of World Toilet Day (19 November 2021), the Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation, Mr. Pedro Arrojo Agudo, is organizing the Fifth Human Rights Youth Challenge together with the Permanent Mission of Spain, the Permanent Mission of Germany, UN-Water, Franciscans International, International Rivers, Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN), World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), Ulsan International Development Cooperation Center (UIDCC) and ONGAWA.
- Age limit: 19-24 years old.
- How to participate:
- Upload your short (2-5 minute) videos (v-logs) or other digital content.
- Include #Youth4Watsan and the hashtags that correspond to your video/digital content: #connectwithWASH, #accessWASH, #equalWASH, #aroundWASH or #speakup4WASH.
- Submit the link to your video or other digital content by filling in this form. No other acknowledgements will be sent.
- Prize 1: winner will be invited to speak at a side-event of the UN Human Rights Council in September 2022 pending COVID19 restrictions (travel and accommodation will be paid.)
- Prize 2: winner will be appointed as “Youth Advisor to the Special Rapporteur”.
- The winner will be announced on the World Water Day (22 March 2022).
The Role of a Youth Advisor
The Youth Advisor to the Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation will carry out certain activities with and under the guidance of the Special Rapporteur in championing the awareness among youth, notably on social media. TheYouth Advisor shall:
- Advocate for the promotion of human rights to water and sanitation of indigenous peoples living in rural areas through social media;
- Advise the Special Rapporteur from the perspective of youth on his activities;
- Promote and strengthen youth capacity on advocating human rights to water and sanitation.
For More Information: