Application Deadline: October 10, 2019, 5 pm EDT
YouthLead is announcing its new YouthLead Ambassador activities for young changemakers. We seek self-directed and motivated youth with a proven track record in mobilizing other young changemakers and youth in the course of their change-making activities.
YouthLead Ambassadors are local changemakers with a proven track record in mobilizing other young changemakers and youth in the course of their change-making activities. Applicants need to have demonstrated that they can mobilize youth (their YouthLead profile should include detailed information about their project(s)). Selected applicants will commit 8-10 hours per month to act in their role between October 2019 through March 2020. YouthLead Ambassadors will receive a small stipend for their contributions.
Benefits for YouthLead Ambassadors
YouthLead Ambassadors will receive a stipend at the conclusion of their successful ambassadorship. Success is defined as meeting 90 percent of the benchmarks outlined below.
In addition, Ambassadors will be featured on the YouthLead platform, in the YouthLead newsletter, and in social media announcements to recognize their work as a young changemaker. Ambassadors may also get visibility with YouthLead sponsors and other relevant influencers. Successful Ambassadors may request a letter of confirmation for their YouthLead role.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Be a young changemaker resident in a low- or middle-income (LMIC) country, as listed here, between the ages of 18-35 (at the time of application and through the end of March 2020).
- Be active as changemakers in the youth development sector at the local, regional, national, or global level, or must have some experience working on social issues. Demonstrated ability to organize community activities is an advantage.
- Have an active presence on any of the following social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Experience in organizing social media campaigns, chats, discussions, etc., will be an advantage.
- Provide a convincing description of how they will use YouthLead to engage new changemakers, both on- and offline, and recruit new changemakers to the YouthLead network and platform.
- Have the ability to access the internet to be active on the YouthLead platform, participate in conference calls, and lead webinars as described above.
- Have the availability to commit at least 8-10hours per month.
- Have created or be an active member(s) of a youth changemaker local, regional, or international network, affiliation, or youth club/group.
- Be able to demonstrate how s/he plans to leverage his/her network(s) to highlight and showcase YouthLead as a place for changemakers.
- Have a YouthLead profile that is at least 80 percent complete, including a description of his/her interests, work, and background. Applicants are encouraged to also post their projects in the “PROJECTS” section of the YouthLead site. If you don’t have a profile yet, please register on YouthLead before applying.
- Possess good conversational English language skills and actively participate in conference calls with the YouthLead team in English. Knowledge of other languages (e.g., Spanish or French) is an advantage.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have strong collaboration and communications skills.
- Willing to meet the requirements described in the role description above.
Applicants may also include an optional CV with their application (no more than 500 words maximum.)
Date and Description
September 27, 2019: Call for applications
October 10, 2019, 5 pm EDT: Application deadline
October 30, 2019: Announcing new YouthLead Ambassadors (2nd cohort)
March 30, 2020: End of second cohort of YouthLead Ambassadors’ role
Please note that YouthPower Learning reserves the right to change the dates. Any changes will be announced here.
For More Information: